Pistol shrimp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adam113
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Adam113

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Messages
778
Reaction score
892
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, so I thought I researched enough, and I got a small pistol shrimp today to pair up with my diamond goby. I just read that they're one of the gobys that will not pair with a pistol shrimp.... :(

Is it even a possibility? I read a few people had gotten them to pair. Will the pistol be okay without a buddy? I'm asking because I don't like my inhabitants to be uncomfortable or at risk in my aquarium, so if it's a no go I'll find a way to catch him and bring him back to the fish store to find a more suitable home.
 
Depending on the tank size you could add a watchman/prawn goby to pair with him....
 
I have a pistol shrimp without a paired goby. I have two yellow headed gobies but they are a pretty dedicated pair. I haven't seen the pistol shrimp since adding it but I have seen its handywork. It disagreed with my aquascaping ideas for the sand.
 
A pistol shrimp will be fine without a goby, just a little more reclusive.
 
Depending on the tank size you could add a watchman/prawn goby to pair with him....
Eh only a 29 gallon, so really only room for one, and I love my diamond Goby.

I have a pistol shrimp without a paired goby. I have two yellow headed gobies but they are a pretty dedicated pair. I haven't seen the pistol shrimp since adding it but I have seen its handywork. It disagreed with my aquascaping ideas for the sand.

A pistol shrimp will be fine without a goby, just a little more reclusive.

Yup... I thought my little tinyyyy pistol (his name is Pete per the fiancé) was a goner since I hadn't really seen him since I put him in. I fed the tank and saw him scurry out of his house to grab some food and back back into his little cave.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new