Pitho crab too efficient?

cactusreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2026
Messages
90
Reaction score
67
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I have a new tank that hit a bit of the uglies and I got a pitho crab and he’s great but now I don’t have much algae and I’m wondering if he may be going hungry. Am I overthinking this or should I potentially rehome him until I have another outbreak? Does anyone feed their crabs?
 
Hey. I have a new tank that hit a bit of the uglies and I got a pitho crab and he’s great but now I don’t have much algae and I’m wondering if he may be going hungry. Am I overthinking this or should I potentially rehome him until I have another outbreak? Does anyone feed their crabs?
They will eat nori, get a clip and lower the nori to the sandbed
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new