Placement help !

Bradsreeeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
760
Reaction score
6
Location
Reading, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got a nice size horn coral! Ik they have a bad sting but i dont no where to place it! It isnt getting fluffy like in the store! I have it half way up in my tank! With 64 watss of leds! Where should i put it higher or lower?
 
With leds i always acclimate corals at bottom of tank for a couple wewks then slowly move them up.
 
I consider a horn coral more of an LPS than an SPS due to its behavoir and preferred environment. I keep mine in a very dimly lit place with fairly low flow. If its not expanding, then its getting too much light, or too much flow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new