Placement of my new "Birds Nest" frags

Dsanchez1221

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

So 2 days ago I purchased 2 frags of "Enchanted Forest Birds Nest". They are the first SPS corals I've ever had. So far they are doing great and I'm thrilled. The only thing I'm unsure of is if I should place them near each other or on each side of the tank.

At the moment they are at opposite ends of the tank. I wanted to see if one does better than the other because of lighting/flow differences. But they are both doing great! So in your opinion should I leave them and let them grow out, creating a branching tree on each side of the tank? Or should I move them together and let them grow out together, possibly intertwining with each other (if they will even do that, i don't know). They were both fragged from the same "mother" coral if that makes any difference at all.

Here is a picture of them as of this morning. Sorry the front view isn't great. There is a snail in front of the one on the right.

Thanks!

0730201818.jpg 15962057751561510014004502272353.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are doing good, it's up to you where you place them. Since they are separate frags, chances are they wouldn't grow into eachother, but would grow around eachother.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back