Plan to move to DT

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, it has been 8 years since I bought a fish. I feel pretty confident that the new fish are in good shape to be moved to the DT. I have not seen anything that would make me think that there is a risk to my DT. I suspected flukes on my heniochus, so I did 3 treatments of Prezipro, and it all looked good. After 11 days in the observations and 1 treatment of Prezi, my 6-line died, no real signs of anything except for a bit of red around the gills. Chucked it up due to bacterial infection and have been feeding my fish Focus, Metroplex for 2 weeks, and Kanaplex for 10 days. During this time Heni had a mild case of lympho, 3 spots on her fins (no, it wasn't ich), but that cleared up 2 days ago, as it usually does on its own. Nothing that might resemble flukes on any of the fish. All are doing very well, about 4 days a Royal Gramma very gently flashed against the sand, but that was once, and I think it was trying to tell the dottyback to F Off from its territory (I know they tend to do that with their mouths, as opposed to flashing.) I have not seen it do it again since, and I have spent hours observing it. I am going to feed them Mysis with previously mentioned meds again and the plan is to start moving them in. Here is the outline of the process. Please make suggestions.

1. Move my Coral Beauty first to a separate container with qt water.
2. Drip acclimate it to DT water.
3. Fresh water dip for 4 minutes (Same temp and pH)
4. Acclimate it again with 1/2 fresh 1/2 DT water
5. Drip from DT
6. Into DT CPR refugium (I don't trust my PBT) to see how two tangs react
7. Let it sit there overnight
8. If tangs are okay and control their fishcidal tendencies, repeat the process for the remaining fish in the qt. ( lawnmower blenny, Gramma, Orchid Dottyback, and my little Heni)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you might be overthinking what you're doing. Oral dosing of medications is fraught with problems - overdose or underdose being 2. You may be causing more problems than you're trying to solve. You said all the fish are doing well. If you want to do 'something' - do nothing - observe all of them for a week with no medication - then put them all into your DT IMHO.

OP
OP
P

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you might be overthinking what you're doing. Oral dosing of medications is fraught with problems - overdose or underdose being 2. You may be causing more problems than you're trying to solve. You said all the fish are doing well. If you want to do 'something' - do nothing - observe all of them for a week with no medication - then put them all into your DT IMHO.
Thank you. Something to think about. Today is the last time I will feed them. I might hold off on putting them in.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back