• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Planet Aquarium Buyers Beware!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyers Beware.

3 years ago I purchased a 150g Planet Aquarium set up through my LFS. You can read more about this nightmare here :

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/drukkosz-upgrade-something-little-different.746921/post-7886135

I always hated their overflow, which at that time they advertised as a Synergy Reef overflow. It always loud and the noise is coming from the front weir box, not the drain pipes.

Just recently I was doing more research and was hoping that by now somebody would come out with some kind of solution. I noticed that Synergy Reef developed an interior weir plate to cut out the noise. I didn’t think twice and ordered one.

I was very surprised when the new plate didn’t fit the overflow box very well. So I decided to contact them and see what the problem might be.

They responded almost immediately but unfortunately not with good news.

“It probably doesn't fit because that is not our Shadow Overflow. It looks like you have a counterfeit or fake Shadow overflow”

Oh snap!

We exchanged few emails back and forth and those are the highlights of our conversation:

“We DO NOT sell our overflow to Planet Aquarium and have Never sold them any Shadow Overflows. They falsely used our name to sell a fake version of our overflow and tricked lots of people unfortunately. They are not a legitimate business and that was why we did not sell to them. It sounds like they sold you the counterfeit overflow. We only sell our overflow directly from our website and thru Glasscages.com on Glass Cages aquariums.”

“Please let others know on social media and forums if possible. We have delt with them falsely using our name for years and we hate that customers get tricked into buying their tanks because of this. Thank you for letting us know.”

PLANET AQUARIUM ARE Thief’s ! Stay away from them.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back