Planning lighting and need input

  • Thread starter Thread starter ca2or
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
1,147
Reaction score
122
Location
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building my 56 gallon and am at the lighting stage. My current thought process is to use two AI Primes and my hundred fifty watt metal halide. Do you guys see any issues I should be aware of? Tank is 36 inches long 24 inches deep and I read all the reviews on the primes saying that 24 inches is too deep but honestly I'm not sure it is.
 
I guess I am curious if the heat from the metal halide will have an affect on the primes
 
Ai Primes are good up to 18x18x12@ 75% efficiency. this comes from their website. They draw 50watts and use a 80 deg lens.

They may not be enough based on what your looking for.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new