Planning of my first SW aquarium

Liame124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Have been a long time lurker and casual researcher of SW aquariums, about the last 5 years. Never have pulled the trigger on anything due to sports, and finishing college but however now that its done, and i have a stable income ( heard its important ), i am starting seriously to plan my first tank. Tank will likely be the IM Lagoon 25. Have been following other threads of the lagoon tanks as I start to cherry pick the equipment and techniques that I think will suit me best. If anyone has any general or aquarium equipment suggestions, I am all ears. Main things I am set on is the Lagoon 25 for my platform, and will likely start with a single AI Prime, while first acquiring everything, then will likely add a second. For fish, the girlfriend has requested a "nemo," unfortunately, named "nemo." So will likely aim for a pair of designer clowns. Other inhabitants I have an eye for is a goby and pistol shrimp, or a blenny. I am assuming, especially before the tank begins to mature, having all my options will not work out, so will likely have to choose between the goby and pistol shrimp or the blenny. Will likely go with the intank media baskets, but am needing suggestions for media following the cycle of my tank. Would like to upgrade my return pump right off the start for something quiet with more flow (also looking for suggestions, sicce seems to be popular option). Then obviously a powerhead. Anyways, aiming to have a build thread to follow the progress of my build. If you made it through the thick paragraph, cheers and thanks for any suggestions, and or help.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stability is critical for your tank, but it will add instability to your savings. Smile. And my first tank getting
9D5C9F26-EC07-4A19-BD45-2AE8E25E3450.gif
9D5C9F26-EC07-4A19-BD45-2AE8E25E3450.gif
back into the hobby was an IM and it has held up beautifully. Best of luck and welcome to the gang
and congrats on the job

Last edited:

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Have been a long time lurker and casual researcher of SW aquariums, about the last 5 years. Never have pulled the trigger on anything due to sports, and finishing college but however now that its done, and i have a stable income ( heard its important ), i am starting seriously to plan my first tank. Tank will likely be the IM Lagoon 25. Have been following other threads of the lagoon tanks as I start to cherry pick the equipment and techniques that I think will suit me best. If anyone has any general or aquarium equipment suggestions, I am all ears. Main things I am set on is the Lagoon 25 for my platform, and will likely start with a single AI Prime, while first acquiring everything, then will likely add a second. For fish, the girlfriend has requested a "nemo," unfortunately, named "nemo." So will likely aim for a pair of designer clowns. Other inhabitants I have an eye for is a goby and pistol shrimp, or a blenny. I am assuming, especially before the tank begins to mature, having all my options will not work out, so will likely have to choose between the goby and pistol shrimp or the blenny. Will likely go with the intank media baskets, but am needing suggestions for media following the cycle of my tank. Would like to upgrade my return pump right off the start for something quiet with more flow (also looking for suggestions, sicce seems to be popular option). Then obviously a powerhead. Anyways, aiming to have a build thread to follow the progress of my build. If you made it through the thick paragraph, cheers and thanks for any suggestions, and or help.
Welcome to R2R sounds like youve got a decent plan to start Good Luck and Happy Reefing.
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 60 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back