14   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Have been a long time lurker and casual researcher of SW aquariums, about the last 5 years. Never have pulled the trigger on anything due to sports, and finishing college but however now that its done, and i have a stable income ( heard its important ), i am starting seriously to plan my first tank. Tank will likely be the IM Lagoon 25. Have been following other threads of the lagoon tanks as I start to cherry pick the equipment and techniques that I think will suit me best. If anyone has any general or aquarium equipment suggestions, I am all ears. Main things I am set on is the Lagoon 25 for my platform, and will likely start with a single AI Prime, while first acquiring everything, then will likely add a second. For fish, the girlfriend has requested a "nemo," unfortunately, named "nemo." So will likely aim for a pair of designer clowns. Other inhabitants I have an eye for is a goby and pistol shrimp, or a blenny. I am assuming, especially before the tank begins to mature, having all my options will not work out, so will likely have to choose between the goby and pistol shrimp or the blenny. Will likely go with the intank media baskets, but am needing suggestions for media following the cycle of my tank. Would like to upgrade my return pump right off the start for something quiet with more flow (also looking for suggestions, sicce seems to be popular option). Then obviously a powerhead. Anyways, aiming to have a build thread to follow the progress of my build. If you made it through the thick paragraph, cheers and thanks for any suggestions, and or help.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Excited you're already considering your build thread. I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I’ve got an IM 30l, fun tank. No complaints, I initially thought it might be to shallow, but love the easy access. I have one media basket, and use a floss material, occasionally i use carbon as well. I found the filter socks to be to good at catching pods, so discontinued their use. Otherwise it is simple periodic water changes. I use Sicce and Eheim pumps versus to oem pump, both work great, although i do think I prefer the Sicci intake grate better. AI lights as well, these are great, good looking lights.

Good luck with your build.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Have been a long time lurker and casual researcher of SW aquariums, about the last 5 years. Never have pulled the trigger on anything due to sports, and finishing college but however now that its done, and i have a stable income ( heard its important ), i am starting seriously to plan my first tank. Tank will likely be the IM Lagoon 25. Have been following other threads of the lagoon tanks as I start to cherry pick the equipment and techniques that I think will suit me best. If anyone has any general or aquarium equipment suggestions, I am all ears. Main things I am set on is the Lagoon 25 for my platform, and will likely start with a single AI Prime, while first acquiring everything, then will likely add a second. For fish, the girlfriend has requested a "nemo," unfortunately, named "nemo." So will likely aim for a pair of designer clowns. Other inhabitants I have an eye for is a goby and pistol shrimp, or a blenny. I am assuming, especially before the tank begins to mature, having all my options will not work out, so will likely have to choose between the goby and pistol shrimp or the blenny. Will likely go with the intank media baskets, but am needing suggestions for media following the cycle of my tank. Would like to upgrade my return pump right off the start for something quiet with more flow (also looking for suggestions, sicce seems to be popular option). Then obviously a powerhead. Anyways, aiming to have a build thread to follow the progress of my build. If you made it through the thick paragraph, cheers and thanks for any suggestions, and or help.

Welcome! A lagoon tank huh? @Tenecor Aquariums is launching a lagoon series.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 95 47.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.5%
Back