Plant grow led bulb for cheato, good idea?

20 gallon nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one heard of using a plant grow light like a powerpar multi color bulb with red blue and white in it to grow cheato in a refugium? I'm wondering if this would increase the photosynthesis since it helps with grow plants.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one heard of using a plant grow light like a powerpar multi color bulb with red blue and white in it to grow cheato in a refugium? I'm wondering if this would increase the photosynthesis since it helps with grow plants.
Yup. Works great.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What bulb do you use?
me Ihve 3200k and 5600k led w a 56k and 32 k compact spiral. i like to see my macros n bugs n stuff.
in europe the pinks are used to grow food in huge factories. in california and colorado its used to grow other stuff.o_O

https://www.google.com/search?q=pin...HQQsAQIGQ#tbm=isch&q=pink+grow+light+refugium
theres a couple other better examples on r2r but there buried in threads. you can also use freshwater plant lights les style too.

the pink comes from the lack of orange yellow and green from the full spectrum of ROYGBIV so you get RedBlueIndigoViolet it looks pink to our eyes.

Jasonnew2reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full spectrum but not specifically for growing plants? What bulb did you use?
1480905423841.jpg

OP
OP
20 gallon nano

20 gallon nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I use a 5000k regular led flood light with the frosted cap replaced with a clear plastic sheat. I ordered a full spectrum plant grow light today, I'm wondering if it will grow the cheato better.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I use a 5000k regular led flood light with the frosted cap replaced with a clear plastic sheat. I ordered a full spectrum plant grow light today, I'm wondering if it will grow the cheato better.

I also use a regular LED flood light, might upgrade some day but it seems to grow cheato well as is.

OP
OP
20 gallon nano

20 gallon nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased a grow light for experiment purpose, should be coming Thursday. Speaking of goat, maybe I should grow some tomatoes under my tank. There's enough moister and light under there. Why not kill two birds with one stone.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back