Plastic or Epoxy Coated Magnets?

Plastic all day long. The epoxy ones crack easily. Even the triple coated. I also cover the plastic ones with a layer of rubber cement just in case.
 
I would go with the plastic coated ones.
I made frag racks a few years back and used the epoxy coated ones for the outside magnets and found that they would eventually rust. While they looked perfect when you get them new, they must have tiny scratches that allow air/water to get in.
 
Thanks, I went with the plastic. For the longest time I was settled on getting epoxy as I figured lots of people used epoxy in tanks to hold things and thought it was quite durable. Everything I read seems 50/50 on both but yeah I guess more leaning plastic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new