Plate lifting its skirtskirt

jamesamantha

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2016
Messages
14
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new plate pulls up along the edges. It is like it is uptight about something. I have seen other plates where the fleshy rim touches the sand. This one is staying drawn up on the edges. Is this ok?

1202161551.jpg
 
mine does it occasionally, no worries. As long as tentacles are still out your good
 
It's just fine. The big issue with plate corals is the skin getting nicked and infection setting in.
 
Thanks for the replies. I moved to an area with less flow and a bit less light just to see if it might be more consistently happy. It started retracting its tentacles during the day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new