OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many clowns do you have may i ask,,, i notice alot of people dont want to say but seems like you have tons???I dont mind sharing my pairs cause i have nothing to hide, but its cool to see others pairs!!!!!
no worries. you can check out my tank thread. I have over 20 clowns in my clownfish/anemone tank. :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
daaaaammmmmmm...lol your like me a clownfish addict!!!

LoL. Just recently transformed the tank since I wanted to try something different. Got tired of the norm and I've always been curious about a clownfish/anemone tank.

M@!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im curious to see what my pair will produce since i have a grade B female and a snowcasso(doni) male... i hope to get some snow babies out of the clutch, but i really dont expect it!! Im gonna start a thread on these guys maybe today or tommorrow, so we can all see the transfermation of the fry the hatch out......it'll either be good or an at least okay turnout... plus my new room is almost done just need to plug up some holes in these new tanks i have!!! woohoo
Very curious how these turn out. I have a similar pair that I hope breed for me someday. JCA "Extreme" Picasso and a SA B Grade that I won from Alpha corals.

All these clown fish make me just want more! Time to setup more tanks!

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know a local breeder that was breeding picassos with same markings and they had tons of A's HIGH B's,snowcassos(doni) and platniums , vs the snowcasso(doni) type being bred together which dont yeild as many grade A's and snowcasso's(doni) at all.... im curious to see what my pair will produce since i have a grade B female and a snowcasso(doni) male... i hope to get some snow babies out of the clutch, but i really dont expect it!! Im gonna start a thread on these guys maybe today or tommorrow, so we can all see the transfermation of the fry the hatch out......it'll either be good or an at least okay turnout... plus my new room is almost done just need to plug up some holes in these new tanks i have!!! woohoo
I'm not sure what you are talking about here. My parents of all my picassos are snowcassos. Mine produce all grades

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
makes me wonder what ORA did with their batches that had excessive whites, like Snowcasso-type. they only came out with the above described A's and even some of their B's would have one side connecting the tail and body stripe. I'm sure ORA produced some Snowcasso-types as well but they never really came out with them. after their normal, B's, and A's, they came out with the Platinums.

here's my ORA A that I've had for almost 2 years

12-26-11Pic9.jpg

12-26-11Pic9Big.jpg
DSC_0177.jpg

Here's a pic of my premium Picasso from Ora

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the cool new trend. I'm really digging it. I must say I'm going to do it also.

I hope to keep having the little success I've had so far and hopefully my thread can help others if they decide to have a clownfish & anemone tank too. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah I like being the guinea pig

That's why I was the first to do a bnw and Picasso
Just to say I did it. Got some pretty sweet clowns out of the deal too

Fingers crossed by the female is starting to really plump up
:)

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im excited to see too. would love to know the % of plats you get from each batch. i got a snowcasso paired with a plat. would love to see what comes from them.

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a buddy that has a very nice platnium pair , and he's also waiting for them to breed, i had a very nice pair but i was told they wouldn't produce or be sterile, so i got scared and sold them, now i regret it.oh well!!!im guessing there would be tons of platniums and some nice picassos....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back