Play a game - what it this thing.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Goby-won
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Goby-won

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2015
Messages
467
Reaction score
620
Location
Chester, VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I found this thing the other crawling around my rock work - second pic under nem slightly to right. Then this morning it was in my filter sock. Should I toss it.
 
I think it looks fun! Not sure if it is bad or not. It reminds me of a flatworm. Or sea slug?
 
I also say flatworm, but boy is he a big one!
 
Yup a Polyclad Flatworm, predatory to snails and Tridacna. There have been reports of Polyclads munching on Euphyllias as well. Totally cool critter.
 
well, thanks for the compliment....size does matter.
No idea where it came from. I never saw it before the other night and then it ended up in my sump sock. wow, that's weird. well, he has taken a ride to the dump. Is it safe to say, there are more in there?
Thanks for the help!
 
Typically they are nocturnal, so keep an eye out at night.
In the last 10 years I have come across 3 in my tanks, all different tanks. If another is present you'll find empty snail shells.
Despite how they looks they can swim and move incredibly fast.
Polyclads can hitch hike in on anything.
 
I found one of those while breaking down a friends tank a month or two back. I put it in a fish bowl. She then tossed it back into her reef tank :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new