Please advise

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might look into others who can move it as well. I moved across town and company that moved my 150 charged 450. Maybe get other quotes. If you want to start fresh though start getting rid of the livestock and rock, then you will only need to move an empty tank. Should be way cheaper.
Also make sure you love this, I have many friends that ask or want to get in hobby and I always tell them you have to love this hobby to do it. When you don't it can go downhill fast. Just have to take your time and always ask.
When you do restart might want to give everyone an equipment break down so we know what you have or want to get. Make sure you have the proper stuff right off the bat. Do you use RODI water?

OP
OP
Alvi

Alvi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might look into others who can move it as well. I moved across town and company that moved my 150 charged 450. Maybe get other quotes. If you want to start fresh though start getting rid of the livestock and rock, then you will only need to move an empty tank. Should be way cheaper.
Also make sure you love this, I have many friends that ask or want to get in hobby and I always tell them you have to love this hobby to do it. When you don't it can go downhill fast. Just have to take your time and always ask.
When you do restart might want to give everyone an equipment break down so we know what you have or want to get. Make sure you have the proper stuff right off the bat. Do you use RODI water?
Thank you for the response. I really do want to do it but my heart is set on making a new start with everything new, except the fish that survived- they are family to me. Also, yes I had a professional install an RODI system at my office. I will have to move that at home too.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good question. I think it would be best to put the mushrooms in a bowl of some kind on some rock rubble. They'll grow and stick there then you can place the rock wherever you want. You can cover the bowl with some porous fabric if you want to keep them from blowing away.

People used to literally cut them up into small pieces and scatter them around their tanks.

OP
OP
Alvi

Alvi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good question. I think it would be best to put the mushrooms in a bowl of some kind on some rock rubble. They'll grow and stick there then you can place the rock wherever you want. You can cover the bowl with some porous fabric if you want to keep them from blowing away.

People used to literally cut them up into small pieces and scatter them around their tanks.
Thanks again Terri. Wow, and I was afraid that they might scatter.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 37 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back