• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

PLEASE EVERYONE READ -- BUYER BEWARE! ~The Reef Corner~

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last week I received a Gem tang from "the guy that sells fish on youtube." I had ordered from him before with no issues, but when I got the Gem Tang out of the bag I could see some HLLE. I waited a day to let the fish settle in and now I could see some erosion on the face and on one side almost all of the fish's lateral line was gone. I contacted the seller and he informed me his responses would be delayed while he dealt with the passing of a close friend. I waited a week and still got no response from him. I finally texted him again yesterday and this was his reply. "Hi. When I shipped the Gem there were no signs of any lateral line erosion. Do you have any pics or vid u can send me. Also many tangs especially the zebrasoma family can develop some while kept in fish only systems. This is corrected when they are kept in reef tank envirnoments and fed a diet high in seaweed" I then emailed him with 3 pictures which I will share with you guys and got NO response until I showed him another link to someone else who wrote a bad review about him and that got him talking to me. He has now said that my pictures look like a 5 or 6 inch fish and that it can only be seen when zoomed in that much or a camera directly over the fish. If I buy a $1900 fish and it was not advertised with HLLE, then the fish should have NO HLLE! I have opened a dispute with PayPal but have read from another story that this low life will just tell PayPal that it was a live animal and that they don't have a guarantee on live animals. I'm not looking for all of my money back. I have the fish and other then the HLLE it appears to be in good health. I want to share my story with you guys so that no one else gets taken advantage of by this person. Gem_Tang_HLLE_Right_Side.JPG Gem_Tang_HLLE_Left_Side2.JPG Gem_Tang_HLLE_Left Side.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
tswanso3

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

After some back and forth via text message with the seller, he refuses to give me any money back but offered me a 20% discount towards a future purchase. This is an extremely unprofessional vendor who I would NEVER buy anything from ever again.

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had any experience with The Reef Corner? Looks like a lot of negative reviews.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just brining this back up, I just bought a pair of Golden Rhomboids from Ed from Reef Corner, they died within 7 days. The Super Male had some sort of injury, or swim bladder issue. He got hostile when I asked for him to work with me. I referenced what other LFS polices were around here, and he told me to go shop there..... Almost 400 dollars out the window...

ZanclusKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I saw this, his prices are pretty high and no warranty. Better to shop at liveaquaria at least they have 14 day guarantee.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

After some back and forth via text message with the seller, he refuses to give me any money back but offered me a 20% discount towards a future purchase. This is an extremely unprofessional vendor who I would NEVER buy anything from ever again.

Just quoting you so it pops up in your notifications..... I see you were active as recently as today..... any update on the fish? Grown and healthy now???

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices are super high, and the guy just has no policy and doesn't care after he makes the sale. I vote with my wallet and will stay clear of this YouTube Vendor.

OP
OP
tswanso3

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This particular Gem lived for about 2 years or so. The HLLE did heal in most areas after about a year but did leave some permanent scaring. It died from an unrelated illness. I have bought a couple other Gems since this one and not only were they way cheaper, I received Gems with no HLLE. I still would never buy anything from Ed again.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back