Please explain 2 part dosing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Idech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
4,808
Reaction score
4,027
Location
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only used All for Reef in my tanks (3 years) and now I stopped using it. I have calculated how much cal, mag and alk are being consumed in a week (5 ppm cal, 7 ppm mag and 0,2 dkh alk per day) but I don’t understand why you only dose calcium and alkalinity. What happens to magnesium ?

I was thinking of using ESV Ionic 2 part (calcium and alkalinity) but should I buy ESV magnesium as well ? Are there any cheaper ways ? Please note that I don’t have any dosing pumps and would rather not get any. I prefer dosing manually.

Current or desired parameters :

Cal : 440 ppm
Mag : 1360 ppm
Alk : 8,5 dkh

Thanks for your help
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new