Please help coral ID

noobjelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me ID this coral?

This is one of my first corals I ever kept along with candycane, toadstools and Zoas. I got them for 2 and half years ago when I started in this hobby. The seller told me they were acan and i got it for really good price because some tissue was damaged and the frag size was about bottle cap. after that, I can’t find any local stores that have coral looked like this anymore.
IMG_3704.jpeg
IMG_3706.jpeg

My first tank is really small (3 liters or 0.8 USgal) and it survived lots of disasters of me back then. But i think its not likely acan to me.
IMG_8606.jpeg

It grow best under strong lighting with good waterflow and get along very well with my candycanes. No sign of aggression even growing into each other and touching for months.
IMG_1413.jpeg

IMG_1879.jpeg

The polyps was open almost all day and night.
IMG_1844.jpeg

Yesterday, it finally reached to acro and sting them. The sweeping tentacle were quite short.
IMG_1866.jpeg

And this is recent picture of it, night time. Just moved that acro.
IMG_1876.jpeg

I thought it was some type of favia (Coelastrea?) but I’ve heard about favia and acan are very aggressive and have quite long sweeper tentacles but this coral and candycanes seems do not mind each other. Maybe this coral is some type of Caulastrea or something else ? Thank you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back