Please help coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter noobjelly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

noobjelly

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
11
Location
Thailand
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me ID this coral?

This is one of my first corals I ever kept along with candycane, toadstools and Zoas. I got them for 2 and half years ago when I started in this hobby. The seller told me they were acan and i got it for really good price because some tissue was damaged and the frag size was about bottle cap. after that, I can’t find any local stores that have coral looked like this anymore.
IMG_3704.jpeg
IMG_3706.jpeg

My first tank is really small (3 liters or 0.8 USgal) and it survived lots of disasters of me back then. But i think its not likely acan to me.
IMG_8606.jpeg

It grow best under strong lighting with good waterflow and get along very well with my candycanes. No sign of aggression even growing into each other and touching for months.
IMG_1413.jpeg

IMG_1879.jpeg

The polyps was open almost all day and night.
IMG_1844.jpeg

Yesterday, it finally reached to acro and sting them. The sweeping tentacle were quite short.
IMG_1866.jpeg

And this is recent picture of it, night time. Just moved that acro.
IMG_1876.jpeg


I thought it was some type of favia (Coelastrea?) but I’ve heard about favia and acan are very aggressive and have quite long sweeper tentacles but this coral and candycanes seems do not mind each other. Maybe this coral is some type of Caulastrea or something else ? Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new