Please help emergency

becs_nano_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so stressed! If I tell you my situation can someone please help!!!
So my tank has been up and running fine. I have fish and some corals everything was going good.
I added a bubble tip anemone 4/5 days ago. Unfortunately it went for a wonder at night and got caught in a powerhead despite having a guard on it. I woke up and had to fish the left over pieces of anemone out of my tank. I was devastated. Fish were all ok and swimming and eating fine. Water was extremely cloudy. I did a 50% water change and added prime as my water was reading 0.5 ammonia.
The next day done another 20% water change. Everything was fine and is fine. However, my water gets so cloudy after having the lights on for a few hours. In the morning it’s clear and corals are open and amazing and 2 hours later water cloudy and some corals closed up.
I’ve tested my water and nitrates are 2 and phosphate is 0! I’ve tried added neophos but nothing is raising it. I’ve added carbon to my sump so see if that helps but all it’s done is lower the ph and I don’t know how to get it back up. What could be causing the cloudy water and how do I raise my phosphate and ph?

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now is the wrong time to be raising parameters imo. your tank has just went through a shock of ammonia and a dead anemone that has the capability to nuke a tank. you dont want another parameter swing. let things settle down for a bit and when everything looks alright you can worry about raising po4 and ph. continue with water changes if needed and continue running carbon. how low is th ph and with what did you test it?

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big is the tank and how long has it been up?

OP
OP
B

becs_nano_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now is the wrong time to be raising parameters imo. your tank has just went through a shock of ammonia and a dead anemone that has the capability to nuke a tank. you dont want another parameter swing. let things settle down for a bit and when everything looks alright you can worry about raising po4 and ph. continue with water changes if needed and continue running carbon. how low is th ph and with what did you test it?
Ph went from 8.3 to 7.2 over night. Corals looked lovely again this morning then the bloom starts and they all close

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back