Please help. Flow issues

dwilliams1992

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Location
jackson
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on where I should place my powerheads? I have a 800gph powerhead along the back wall. The hugger 2160 got in the front going diagonally to the back right corner to hit my sps in the middle. I have a fx6 as well with outflow. Just ordered a gyre it's on the way today. Any suggestions. Tank is 75 gallons

IMG_3435.jpeg
 
Well when I had a 90 up and running, I had the gyre pretty high up on medium pulse on the left side and a couple Nero 3s at middle and lower upper strata on the right side as well as Fluval 470 in middle along with return from pump in back as it a AIO design. Here’s what the flow looked like
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new