Please help id anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abby1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Abby1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2019
Messages
53
Reaction score
82
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one of these years ago that had since split into 7. Is it a bubble tip? Anything special about it? Thanks!

46841445-4B86-468B-85CA-A4C0178373C1.jpeg
 
I would definitely said it’s a rose bubble tip. You got a nice collection going there.
 
Thanks! Is it possible to remove them from rocks to sell, or sell the whole rock with them attached? I’ve made the difficult decision lately to break my tank down.
 
You can try some ice cubes in a ziplock bag at the base of their feet, sometimes they detach. I've had the most success with a small ice pick and lots of patience being careful to slowly and gently lift and roll back small pieces of its foot. I've heard it's easy with finger nails, same method, but I dont have long enough nails to do it with. Seems like it would be less painstaking that way.

You could also just try to turn the rock upside down outside of the water, but above the tank and give it a few gentle shakes, sometimes they will release that way. I've had much less success with that route though.

Whatever you do, be careful not to tear the foot or they will not survive. If done correctly you can get 50+ for each single depending on size
 
Thanks so much for your help! We tore the foot of a different anemone that a clownfish hosted to during a move about 10 years ago and it was devastating. Thankfully the clownfish hosted to a new anemone and lived up until a tank disaster this past summer.
 
I also have a similar situation with the attached anemenemone...ple wa se help id. It does not seem to be bubble tipped
20200417_175045.jpg
 
Yeh it’s definitely look like a bubble tip. Try feeding them small shrimp. Mine seem to bubble more after a healthy meal. Lighting and flow might have sometime to do with it not bubbling.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new