Please help identify this algae

ncfalco

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Messages
124
Reaction score
62
Location
Savannah
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For about two weeks now I've been struggling with what I believe to be some kind of green hair algae. It's not terribly long and is very difficult to remove manually. My turbo snail has been eating some, but it just grows right back. My tank has been running for 2 months.

I tried using a Brillo pad and my fingers to remove it, but it's pretty well established. It doesn't come off in thick clumps as I've seen with other hair algae.

Can you please help me verify what this is? Also any suggestions on how to remove it?

tempImageKnH2ty.png tempImageDTDbDW.png
 
I would not use a Brillo pad to scrub any rock. I assume your tank has been cycled and your just going through a normal maturing stage.
 
Yes tank has been cycled and up and running for about 2 months. Thanks for the reassurance. I just became a little nervous when it spread everywhere
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new