Please help!loosing

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2016
Messages
2,135
Reaction score
3,118
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve had this JF grafted rainbow monti growing out nicely on the bottom. I slowly lost the rainbows in the polyps and mostly turning green. I know I’m due to update a few T-5 lights, could lighting be an issue? I don’t have parameters but the rest of the tank and colors on my sps are vibrant and look the way they should. This is the only coral changing color.
BEFORE
6E83A76E-BA65-453A-8565-5DEAF7A3CB34.jpeg

TODAY
25DC9E23-A95A-4488-A6B9-C9F0B8526116.jpeg
 
Happened to me as well when it started getting big. This is mine, you can see it here.
368766be4fd89d26b72d92aae6b4de27.jpg

Not sure why it happens but I’m curious too so following along
 
Only new growth will have the different colored polyps.
 
With all of the "rainbow" encrusting montis, only the leading edge will have the rainbow of colors... the older parts will usually have monochromatic polyps and a different color monochromatic and base.
 
With all of the "rainbow" encrusting montis, only the leading edge will have the rainbow of colors... the older parts will usually have monochromatic polyps and a different color monochromatic and base.
Thank you, that’s too bad but still a super bright piece.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new