Please help me ID this snail

  • Thread starter Thread starter Azael
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Azael

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2023
Messages
164
Reaction score
76
Location
Romania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone please help me ID this snail?
It has red body.

IMG_9271.jpeg IMG_9311.png
 
Thank you! Do you happen to know what type? I would like to research if I can keep it in the display.
I was just diving in Florida and they called it a horse conch. I believe its fighting conch.
If it would be a horse conch- Thery can get super large.
 
The tank is a decent size and if it will grow too large I can give it to someone with a bigger tank.
 
Given the shape and the red foot, it’s probably a “horse conch.” It’s important to note with horse conches that 1) they’re not actually conches - they’re very large predatory snails, and 2) they can grow to two feet in length.
 
Given the shape and the red foot, it’s probably a “horse conch.” It’s important to note with horse conches that 1) they’re not actually conches - they’re very large predatory snails, and 2) they can grow to two feet in length.
Yeah I'm also not seeing a stromboid notch on the shell to suggest it's an actual conch and not a murder-snail
 
Thank you all!
I won’t put it in the display since I have snails there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new