Please help me identify coral

Linknzelda1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought an unmarked coral can someone identify so I know how to properly care for it?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! It says galaxea coral are one the most aggressive corals! Is this true? How bad is the sting? I’ve got a Duncan coral about 8 inches from it.
Yes, they are very aggressive. My galaxea coral send out very long feeders, and I would day 8 inches is cutting it close. I would move it farther away, if you can.

20240402_193716.jpg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! It says galaxea coral are one the most aggressive corals! Is this true? How bad is the sting? I’ve got a Duncan coral about 8 inches from it. @crazyfishmom @WalkerLoves_TheOcean
They are some of the most aggressive corals out there so it is suggested to keep them isolated. I used to have one in a corner of the tank. I’ve been told that their sweepers can be up to a foot long so if possible probably good to move it a little bit further.

TinnysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can keep your galaxea isolated or in a spot where the flow directs the sweepers away from the rest of your corals it'll be interesting to see if the coloration changes. I have 3 on a little island and they definitely have serious sweepers but they are very pretty corals so I wanted an island for them. I like the super dark purple variations.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back