Please help me with my electrical safety

legalizedreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2021
Messages
243
Reaction score
192
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’ve been reading some threads about electrical safety and reef tanks, and now I’m paranoid.

Here’s where I’m at:
My lights are all run on a separate circuit than the rest of my tank. No GFCI and aren’t plugged in near my tank.

My skimmer and doser, and half my power heads are plugged into an ADJ-100 power center with a resettable circuit breaker built in (does this negate the need for a GFCI for everything on this power center?

Everything else is run by my apex. Does the EB832 offer any protection from short circuits?

If the answer is that I still need to go install GFCI, here’s my hurdle…. These are plugged in to receptacle directly behind my tank. There is not enough room to do any swapping of receptacles without draining and moving the tank. Could I just get this circuit switched to a GFCI at the panel? Or is that not safe enough?
 
Change the breaker at the panel
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new