Please Help me With Stocking Ideas (25G)

SomeReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've been planning my 25G Innovative marine lagoon for a long time and now, I want to see what fish I can add in the near future. I would love to have at least two species: clown fish and banggai cardinal (unsure about the quantity though). Another colourful and peaceful fish would be nice too. Thanks for your help!

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with a smaller clown (Ocellaris). The 25 gallon is small for the larger clown species. Also, designer clowns tend to be more aggressive. I would stay with one clown. Without the male (lone clowns will turn female) and no breeding/mating the aggression should stay minimized (not a guarantee).

Bangaii is good.

For remaining if you're looking for color a Royal Gramma or an Exquisite Firefish are both great for that tank. Not too active, plenty of color. You could also go with a Yellow Watchman Goby and shrimp pair for something a bit different.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree royal gramma for a colorful and interesting fish.
Firefish are also amazing.
Peaceful wrasses should do well.
And tailspot blenny.
And really any small goby.

OP
OP
S

SomeReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with a smaller clown (Ocellaris). The 25 gallon is small for the larger clown species. Also, designer clowns tend to be more aggressive. I would stay with one clown. Without the male (lone clowns will turn female) and no breeding/mating the aggression should stay minimized (not a guarantee).

Bangaii is good.

For remaining if you're looking for color a Royal Gramma or an Exquisite Firefish are both great for that tank. Not too active, plenty of color. You could also go with a Yellow Watchman Goby and shrimp pair for something a bit different.
Hey thank you for the reply! I was thinking about this. So one O.C clownfish? Would it be lonely? I like the Royal Gramma too!

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've been planning my 25G Innovative marine lagoon for a long time and now, I want to see what fish I can add in the near future. I would love to have at least two species: clown fish and banggai cardinal (unsure about the quantity though). Another colourful and peaceful fish would be nice too. Thanks for your help!
Royal Grammas are so so colourful and amazing. Some can be shy so just keep that in mind. For me, the Midas Blenny or Flame Hawkfish add an enormous amount of character to your tank. While your clowns and Bangai Cadinals will be somewhat solitary, these 2 fish will jump around the tank and stare at you which makes them sometimes feel like a true pet. I wouldn’t get both but one or the other is great. I have both myself

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, clowns don't get lonely. My OCs been by herself and I've yet to see her break out the Haagen Dazs and watch the Notebook on a loop. She's actually a really good tank mate, protective of her anemone but her territory stops there. No nipping fins (or my fingers).

OP
OP
S

SomeReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, clowns don't get lonely. My OCs been by herself and I've yet to see her break out the Haagen Dazs and watch the Notebook on a loop. She's actually a really good tank mate, protective of her anemone but her territory stops there. No nipping fins (or my fingers).
Thank you! I decided I will get a OC, two benggai cardinal and some type of blenny. I was wondering, what order should I introduce them? I know OC are more territorial. Thanks in advance

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommend the Tailspot blenny. Perfect for that size of tank and tons of personality. Plus it's behavior on rocks will keep it from competing with others. Blenny and cardinal first. OC after a few weeks so they have time to establish. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SomeReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommend the Tailspot blenny. Perfect for that size of tank and tons of personality. Plus it's behavior on rocks will keep it from competing with others. Blenny and cardinal first. OC after a few weeks so they have time to establish. Good luck.
Thank you so much!

Back