Please help me

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike628
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike628

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2014
Messages
863
Reaction score
321
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My war coral just started to do this. I have some other war coral frags, but they are fine... I hope it is just this colony.
 
Is there supposed to be a picture? May not have uploaded properly.
 
5d6c9370893e3bf3d7c57553bbf6b87c.jpg
Sorry I forgot to attach it
 
[HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
 
That is an odd location to start the process of tissue loss.
Damage?
Now from that point I would point to either bacterial or fungal infection.
Have you dipped the coral yet?
 
Are there any corals nearby? Looks like something is hurting this guy. I would dip to rule out pests. Also what are current inhabitants?
 
No I have not dipped it yet. I dont think I need to though. I got it from a guy that has his own business, and hes local to me. He doesn't have any bugs, or disease in his tanks.
 
Are there any corals nearby? Looks like something is hurting this guy. I would dip to rule out pests. Also what are current inhabitants?
Mandarin goby, and diamond watchman goby
 
No crabs or shrimp? They don't help a coral when they are down. As for infection going to a new tank is like traveling to a new country. The bacteria there is harmless to natives but if you drink the water... so if this coral got a small cut during transfer an infection could take root.
 
No crabs or shrimp? They don't help a coral when they are down. As for infection going to a new tank is like traveling to a new country. The bacteria there is harmless to natives but if you drink the water... so if this coral got a small cut during transfer an infection could take root.
I have a few blue legged crabs, and it was shipped to me along with other corals via overnight FedEx
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new