I have never saw anything like that .
It’s almost looks like it’s dripping from the rocks

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pic was from yesterday. I did a big sand siphon and glass clean.
Did you also siphon as much of that green stuff as possible as well?

You don’t have any coral, I would black out the tank until it goes away at this point. Just feed enough to keep the fish alive. Do water changes often.

But honestly I am not even sure if it’s cyano anymore, if it is, it’s the worst I seen. (That’s not saying much) but still looks bad lol.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you also siphon as much of that green stuff as possible as well?

You don’t have any coral, I would black out the tank until it goes away at this point. Just feed enough to keep the fish alive. Do water changes often.

But honestly I am not even sure if it’s cyano anymore, if it is, it’s the worst I seen. (That’s not saying much) but still looks bad lol.
Black out could eradicate the green algae but if the issue isn’t corrected it will come back ,
Most times with a vengeance .
Finding the source could help

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try blowing it off with a turkey baster, remove as much as you can with a net once it's in the water column, do a water change 25-30%, remove carbon and redose the chemiclean cyano remover. Wait 3 days, do another 30% WC and add new carbon.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah idk anymore. Need the big guns help. U was hoping chemiclean would work but it obviously hasn't. The stuff looked worse in the 2nd pic the sand looked cleaner but the green algae was definitely worse. You could try a black out but there's a good chance it will come back. Until we know what it is I can't even say if anything will eat it.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I would probably take those rocks out of the water and scrub them with a tooth brush really good and dunk them in some old tank water while doing it to clean it off and put it back in. The sand hopefully siphon helps.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I would probably take those rocks out of the water and scrub them with a tooth brush really good and dunk them in some old tank water while doing it to clean it off and put it back in. The sand hopefully siphon helps.
I'm contemplating doing this, but I don't want to disturb/stress the fish. I might beef up my CUC. I have 2 astrea snails that eat some stuff.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm contemplating doing this, but I don't want to disturb/stress the fish. I might beef up my CUC. I have 2 astrea snails that eat some stuff.
Well you probably need a couple more clean up crew for this issue. But I dont think the fish will Mind too much if you remove a rock at a time and clean them. I would worry about them stressing over this crazy algae in their house.

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is where I buy my CUC at a discount. It’s easy get too much of a CUC for your size of tank, so maybe splitting it with a buddy if you buy a bulk package.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, it’s been a while since I’ve done an update. I’ve added a few Mexican turbo snails. They’re helping a lot. I think it’s safe to say my situation is getting a lot better.
7E80B636-9D76-4E91-8E9A-F4372D56E62B.jpeg

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, it’s been a while since I’ve done an update. I’ve added a few Mexican turbo snails. They’re helping a lot. I think it’s safe to say my situation is getting a lot better.
7E80B636-9D76-4E91-8E9A-F4372D56E62B.jpeg
Wow that looks a lot better! Hopefully the clean up crew will make it all go away in a couple weeks. They had plenty to eat.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The snails also had a bit of corraline algae on their shell so I’m probably gonna scrape that off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back