Please help my fish

Reefmainiac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello mates,

I just can't seem to figure this one out. I bought a clownfish for one of my tanks. Picasso I believe, got for $35 thought it wasn't a bad deal. Anyhow clown went into TTM just like any fish does. TTM every 2 days. 7 transfers for a total of 14. No meds. Then into the home office observation biocube for what I was hoping to be his temp home for a 2-4 week observation. Immediately apon entering the biocube I noticed a "spot". I yelled a few choice words and immediately got some water acclimating for a fresh water dip. 5 minutes 18 seconds nothing.... thinking about dipping again then into a tank with some prazi. Wanted to make sure I was taking the right path with this fish. Attached is 2 pics the spot I'm worried about is the big tan spot by the anal fin I was thinking it was some kind of fluke maybe. I took a picture of both sides to hopefully help. Apologies on the water I had clean the glass a bit to get the shots. My main aquariums are much cleaner. Thanks again mates!!
P.S to admins I posted in illness threads but wasn't getting much help and I'm wigging out and don't wanna double dip so quick if not advisable.

PXL_20210328_192351940.jpg PXL_20210328_192332726.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dont quote me but looks like an isopod.
her's what I suggest and rarely do I . . . . .. Net this fish and give it a 3-4 minute freshwater dip. If an isopod or other pest, it will likely hop off the fish in freshwater.

For FW dip, use dechlorinated water the same temperature as display tank and add a pinch of baking soda to equalize PH using a clean container. Observe the fish. If it gets very antsy, remove it and return to display.
Whe you net it to see if the object is gone, if not, try to lift it GENTLY with a toothpick in case its' latched on. FW should dislodge it - IF it is what I think it is

OP
OP
Reefmainiac

Reefmainiac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont quote me but looks like an isopod.
her's what I suggest and rarely do I . . . . .. Net this fish and give it a 3-4 minute freshwater dip. If an isopod or other pest, it will likely hop off the fish in freshwater.

For FW dip, use dechlorinated water the same temperature as display tank and add a pinch of baking soda to equalize PH using a clean container. Observe the fish. If it gets very antsy, remove it and return to display.
Whe you net it to see if the object is gone, if not, try to lift it GENTLY with a toothpick in case its' latched on. FW should dislodge it - IF it is what I think it is
Okay that's I will hit him with a second dip today. He chomped down for pellets before I had to go to work so he's eating well. Hopefully he can handle other 5 minute dip

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Reefmainiac

Reefmainiac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another 4 minute dip, I tried to see if I could lift it with a toothpick but it seemed like it was part of his body I got him back into the hospital tank before I did any damage. The only thing I can think is I had him in TTM with a ocellaris and a purple tang that was going into a different tank. (I got a few tanks) did I gamble by putting these two species together for 14 days and its coming back to haunt me by some kind of sexual mutation?

Back