Please Help with Anemone ID

Sunkissedangler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was sold to me as a gbta but now I’m starting to wonder if maybe it’s something else. It has been the same color since I got it and it has not moved since it’s been in the tank. All of my water parameters are where they should be. It’s been in the tank for almost 1 month. I use an LED light. The amount of blue light gets to be more throughout the day until it’s basically all blue at night and then I turn the lights off while sleeping. If anyone could help with ID and how to make the colors pop more it would be greatly appreciated.

85EDD5F8-74DC-4012-886C-B85057C68FD5.jpeg

343CD648-25D6-4CDF-BDCD-D63BB509C3FA.jpeg

Last edited:

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was sold to me as a gbta but now I’m starting to wonder if maybe it’s something else. It has been the same color since I got it and it has not moved since it’s been in the tank. All of my water parameters are where they should be. It’s been in the tank for almost 1 month. I use an LED light. The amount of blue light gets to be more throughout the day until it’s basically all blue at night and then I turn the lights off while sleeping. If anyone could help with ID and how to make the colors pop more it would be greatly appreciated.

85EDD5F8-74DC-4012-886C-B85057C68FD5.jpeg

343CD648-25D6-4CDF-BDCD-D63BB509C3FA.jpeg
Maybe a long tentacle based on where it settled and how the foot looks? Looks a little bleached, so hopefully it gains it’s symbiotic algae population and color back over time!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleached nems take a long time to color back up.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks any tips to help speed up the process? According to my tests and the tests run at the 2 lfs that I go to my water conditions are right where they should be.
Just takes time. Best thing you can do is let it be. And don't feed it, they expend a lot of energy eating solid foods and they could be using that energy to recover. They can get all the energy they need from light. I have heard that you can feed a bleached anemone a tentacle from a healthy anemone to speed up the process of growing their zooxanthellae, but that would require finding someone who doesn't mind clipping a tentacle off their own anemone. Patience is your friend!

Intense37754

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lighting is first and foremost and you can also feed very small piece of food every 3 day, like 1/2 the size of its mouth - Krill, squid, clam, mussel, oyster or raw shrimp

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back