Please Help With My Corals Update

Tylerismale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! So I did as everyone told me in my previous post and got a better light as well as a wavemaker. The light I am using is the Nicrew Marine LED and my wavemaker is just the Aqueon brand. In regard to my lighting, for 8 am - 9 am it does a blue light, then from 9 am - 9 pm it does the daylight, then from 9 pm - 10 pm it does a blue light again, and from 10 pm-8 am it is off for the night (This was also the way of lighting that was recommended I saw in a review for this light). For my wavemaker, I bought 2 (and you can see the second in the video) but I am currently only using one because I believe the flow of both was too much for my fish. Anyway, I still have a concern in regard to my Kenya tree, It looks healthy (I think) and doesn't smell, but it has broken off of the stand it came on. I am leaving some pictures below and am wondering what I should do. I am also leaving some pictures of my other corals because some look sad and idk why, my calcium levels are between 400 and 500, my nitrates are about 5 ish, and my phosphates the last time I checked were at .05 (and I bought some stuff to remove phosphates and added it to my filter). My salinity also stays at 1.025. Anyway, I am just wondering if there is anything else I should add, stop doing, etc. Thank you all!!! IMG_4423.jpg IMG_4418.jpg IMG_4419.jpg IMG_4420.jpg IMG_4421.jpg IMG_4422.jpg IMG_4424.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4417.mp4
    5.2 MB

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue should be on all day, I can't tell if that's what you're doing.

you can glue him back with reef safe super glue or you can glue to a rock, or you can gently push it's foot into a place that it will stay and grow onto

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will help you the best we can but it will require alot of answers along the way :)
Your 'kenya tree'.. is this SPS, LP's or other as you say broken off. My Kenya tree is soft (first picture) so many varieties using same name.

You have Gha (green hair algae) but honestly it appears to be at a stage that's easily managed :) and I can help you with this.
You say other posts? Do you have link to this.
also you have said you change light and wavemakers , it's great you have noticed strength of wavemakers and reduced (these can be very strong if you don't realise GPH turnover)

What size is your aquarium and how new or old please

Also Its difficult to understand your 'timing on lights/schedule.
Just for comparison my lights come on blue at 7am then whites at 8am- then whites off 7am then blues off at 8am (12hours total) then obviously off for the night

It looks to me as quick easy fix with the right adjustments :) :)

Attachments

• IMG20231003181655.jpg
    IMG20231003181655.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 17

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think you can turn on the second wavemaker, the flow looks very minimal, no way its too much for the fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back