Please help with Profilux 4 GCC connection

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boonz28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Boonz28

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2019
Messages
157
Reaction score
95
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys,
I've tried searching, i've watched the GHL youtube videos, and i'm at my wits end.
I bought a Profilux 4 a while back and set it up via the connect app. Everything on that end is working fine.
Since then though i've been trying to get it to run on my PC (using a USB extention cable) via GCC and i just can't get the thing to connect.
The youtube setup videos basically just say hit connect, it will connect and then you're good to go. But don't give you any idea on what to do if it doesn't connect and that's where i'm at.

I'm stuck and would appreciate any help from those more knowledgeable here.

Thanks,
Seth
 
One thing that confused me when first setting it up is double checking the com port specified. If you go to the settings for the connection in GCC you can open device manager to look for the P4 and note what com port it is connected to. Once you change that setting you will need to close and reopen and it should work
 
Mine is set to Com 1, baudrate 9600, type RS232
I honestly don't know what any of this means, does anything look out of place and if so what should it be set to?
 
Okay I've got it working, all i needed to do was set Com to <Auto> :rolleyes: Doh!
Thanks cmaxwell39, i appreciate the help bud
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new