Please help with Salifer Nitrate Test Kit

REEF_TO_KEEP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am testing ntirate using Salifer test kit. If I look down from top and read the color, nitrate reading is 25. If I look on the side, the color is between 100 and 50 and I divide the number by 10, nitrate is about 8.

Please let me know which is number I should use. Thanks

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The salifert nitrate test and pretty much all their color coded test leave a lot of room for interpretation. I ponied up for the Hannah checker and has been well worth it! When I was testing with the salifert kit with my eyes it seemed like my nitrates could be 20 but they could be 40 too lol. My LFS tested my water with the same kit and said my nitrates were 10 lol. Anyhow the Hannah checker said 55 first test and I’m inclined that it’s more accurate than the salifert. I guess my point is with the salifert it’s going to give you a bell park figure and thsts about it. If it’s already driving you crazy I would pay the extra $$ for the Hannah checker. Just my two cents

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's top down

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back