Please help

glenzil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a wavemaker and not sure if I set it up right can someone please help me sorry for the bad footage.can someone tell me if it looks right

IMG20221007123325.jpg

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The important thing is that it causes ripples at surface to increase gas exchange. That said it looks like you might want to tilt it up a little.
Good luck.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mount it about 3 inches below the surface and tilt it up so you get nice surface agitation across the tank.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look to strong
So I am going to mix it up a bit...

I like my return pump to create surface agitation, and my wave maker to stir up the bottom. Kind of blow stuff out from around the base of my rocks.

As long as it is moving water, you are doing good. Start with low flow, and if things are not going well, increase the flow. Just my opinion Mate!

OP
OP
glenzil

glenzil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am going to mix it up a bit...

I like my return pump to create surface agitation, and my wave maker to stir up the bottom. Kind of blow stuff out from around the base of my rocks.

As long as it is moving water, you are doing good. Start with low flow, and if things are not going well, increase the flow. Just my opinion Mate!
It only has one setting and not sure if it's to strong I will try angle it down abit as My sand is getting dirtY

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only has one setting and not sure if it's to strong I will try angle it down abit as My sand is getting dirtY
You can point it at the glass as well. The glass will deflect it and create movement. Your tank will tell you what is working. Movement is the main thing.

OP
OP
glenzil

glenzil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it blowning across the bottom lightly for the past 40min to stir up the sand and already there is a massive improvement in the sand it's cleaning my white sand butifily thanks for the tip mate I'm so happy

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back