Please post your hardscape for inspiration!

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No corals yet , but here is my Aquascape. [emoji4]

7289fa2cfdc6dc4d6ec5f188d36f73ca.jpg
I think it looks like a castle on a cliff above the beach. Really cool.

Steve Berguetski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my current aquascape. I don’t have an after, because I actually just added salt today, so it will be at least a month before I add any livestock.

56768B74-4675-40FE-9E5E-A1048CAB474A.jpeg

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180211_184026.jpg

Here's my tank from a few days ago, I just upgraded to this 120 last week, it's still very much a work in progress.
To me the aqua scape looks way too symmetrical right now but that will change once the corals grow in. I plan to add a few more leathers that will affect the balance.

Raymark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious is that ome solid piece or a very great sculpting job?

I did most of it with 4 pieces of pukani. My goal was to create several passages & hiding spots for fish. Lol, I didn’t know I’d become more interested in corals than the fish. I had to hold the upper center piece in place with putty.
Thank you for the kind words.

OP
OP
Brynn

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did most of it with 4 pieces of pukani. My goal was to create several passages & hiding spots for fish. Lol, I didn’t know I’d become more interested in corals than the fish. I had to hold the upper center piece in place with putty.
Thank you for the kind words.

Weird how that happens... im most drawn to clean up crew at the moment. So odd. Thanks for reminding me one more time the importance of caves. I've been reminded already & my current prescape has zero.

Mikey Mane The Flare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopping on as I am about to set up my new 150gallon! Here’s is my 55. I added rock very slowly as I bought only live rock witch I think was a horrible mistake now. Not only the cost but the pest you get with it.....
976111B7-D899-45FE-8369-718C5B43B5D0.jpeg

OP
OP
Brynn

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Semperfi! Devil! Ooohhrah!

Marine! If you served in Korea (Ya, Im aware most have passed), or Vietnam, and are willing to share anything towards a book I'm writing, that would be awesome. Or even just know someone I could listen to, please, contact me at your convience.

OP
OP
Brynn

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopping on as I am about to set up my new 150gallon! Here’s is my 55. I added rock very slowly as I bought only live rock witch I think was a horrible mistake now. Not only the cost but the pest you get with it.....
976111B7-D899-45FE-8369-718C5B43B5D0.jpeg

This is one of the reasons I went with reefsaver. The downside is my rock won't start showing "life" for a few months. Yours still looks healthy!

Raymark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird how that happens... im most drawn to clean up crew at the moment. So odd. Thanks for reminding me one more time the importance of caves. I've been reminded already & my current prescape has zero.

Clean up crews are fun. I’d have one even if they didn’t clean anything up.....& by the looks of the algae in my tank right now mine doesn’t clean up much lol

OP
OP
Brynn

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180211_184026.jpg

Here's my tank from a few days ago, I just upgraded to this 120 last week, it's still very much a work in progress.
To me the aqua scape looks way too symmetrical right now but that will change once the corals grow in. I plan to add a few more leathers that will affect the balance.

Hardest part is reminding myself corals will greatly alter the scape... I've spent little time looking at corals out of the ocean. This is my only hesitation in regards to my design. Kinda feels like I'm desgning a house unsure of whom it's for. :/

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow how long did that take? Did you cut the rock? What sort of epoxy if any did you use?

It took a long time lol . The Rocks are pre cut . They are called STAX by Two little fishies. The assembly took about 2 months. Most of that was due to available time. I did have a lot of waiting time for curing. I used Aquaforest Stone Fix, and Aquarium grade silicone for the assembly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back