Please post your hardscape for inspiration!

DanP-SD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s in the works. I’ve always been disappointed to read a build thread and find that it’s not complete. I guess it’s like starting to binge a new tv show and then realizing there are only a few episodes in the can. So I always figured I’d wait until the tank is done and then post all the pics along the way. The problem is I’m never done and keep changing things. But I guess it’s done enough and time to get the build thread up. Stay tuned.

Ok, I bit the bullet and started my build thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/danp_sd’s-300g-build-thread.357647/

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.jpg 4.jpg
5.jpg 6.jpg
I really like this. Any pics with livestock? I'm setting up my new tank, it's 6' x 18" front to back x 26" deep. What are your dimensions?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, still cycling. But I'm pretty excited with how it turned out. There's a ton of exposed surface area with little shadowing for coral mounting which took a lot of trial and error to achieve. The first 20 attempts where pretty miserable. lol

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, still cycling. But I'm pretty excited with how it turned out. There's a ton of exposed surface area with little shadowing for coral mounting which took a lot of trial and error to achieve. The first 20 attempts where pretty miserable. lol
And what are your dimensions? Where did you get the shelf rock?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
71" x 23.5" x 24"

Shelf rock is from Marco. The key I found was to not stack any rock directly on top of another, but to offset everything which took a fare amount of stone fix cement and wedging / balancing of rocks. At first I kept building rock walls until I figured out how to slowly increase the rock grade both lengthwise and width wise to achieve height changes without stacking rocks directly on top of one another.

neverdie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has some great scapes. Here is an earlier version on mine, I'll have some newer pics in my build thread soom
20171214_164615.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back