• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Please refund my Money ASAP!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Reefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is not going to ease anyone’s minds but to give more info on what kinda guy he is.......I spoke to Mike O’Brien last week. Mike has offered a sump to me and a tank that was in the boneyard to use in my shop. Mike call me two weeks ago and said he was just informed Ed was closing the. Business and licked him out of the building. Told mike if he came on the property he would be arrested. Mike basically had to get a stand by to get his tools and equipment. Ed owns nothing. I inquired about the sump and tank and mike said he would have Ed contact me as he was trying to unload everything. Ed called me last week and renigged on the original offer but said “I have several other tanks that I will gladly make you a deal on and if you refer anyone that buys a tank, I will give you a cut””. I hope the tanks he is offering are not ones that were being built for people on here and good luck with your recovery!!! ED JENSON DO THE RIGHT THING...refund the money.....oh wait it’s already spent in sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is not going to ease anyone’s minds but to give more info on what kinda guy he is.......I spoke to Mike O’Brien last week. Mike has offered a sump to me and a tank that was in the boneyard to use in my shop. Mike call me two weeks ago and said he was just informed Ed was closing the. Business and licked him out of the building. Told mike if he came on the property he would be arrested. Mike basically had to get a stand by to get his tools and equipment. Ed owns nothing. I inquired about the sump and tank and mike said he would have Ed contact me as he was trying to unload everything. Ed called me last week and renigged on the original offer but said “I have several other tanks that I will gladly make you a deal on and if you refer anyone that buys a tank, I will give you a cut””. What a dousche bag. I hope the tanks he is offering are not ones that were being built for people on here and good luck with your recovery!!! ED JENSON DO THE RIGHT THING...refund the money.....oh wait it’s already spent in sure.
I got the exact same from Mike....he was screwed over too

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a civil matter. DA will, just like when people use to bounce checks, DA got involved

I thought I read somewhere it can become a criminal issue when the transaction crosses state lines. Maybe a local attorney would take a free phone call.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is crazy. Is there info for why they are closing? I guess this helps explain the quality issues and poor customer service I saw on @TheHarold's sump.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is crazy. Is there info for why they are closing? I guess this helps explain the quality issues and poor customer service I saw on @TheHarold's sump.
Talking with Mike, Ed bought the business and ran it into the ground within 4 months. He did nothing to actually market or help with the production of anything

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried calling your bank to reverse the ACH transfer? Sometimes within 60 days they can do that. No guarantees though.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bank cant do anything about it

As I said, in certain instances of fraud, a bank can attempt to reverse an ACH transfer within 60 days. Ideally has to be done within 2-3 days. It’s worth a try. Obviously, if the account has been withdrawn there’s not much that can be done.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right it’s a civil matter in this case buf writing a bad check (checks) is a crime.

It’s a crime/fraud (often wire fraud) to solicit/accept payments for goods or services one doesn’t intend to deliver. Best bet is for everyone with issues to join together and contact the DA’s office in the jurisdiction of the company.

If the company filed for Chapter 11 or another protection, then it may be tougher to recover funds.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is crazy. I am so lucky to have gotten my sumps from them when I did. I had some custom work done so it took them a while but I bought them from Julian. In case anyone is reading this later, Julian started and ran CRA until this summer. He is a good, respectable man who has nothing to do with this mess that happened after he sold to Ed.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is crazy. I am so lucky to have gotten my sumps from them when I did. I had some custom work done so it took them a while but I bought them from Julian. In case anyone is reading this later, Julian started and ran CRA until this summer. He is a good, respectable man who has nothing to do with this mess that happened after he sold to Ed.
Ed Jensen has lied to me in multiple phone calls and emails. Someone people lack any morals

JohnMzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually Julian sold his local pet shop "Bellingham Pet Supply" the year before and I am told he misrepresented the business to the buyer (and she didn't get his tax returns... what are people thinking?). Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened here.
@OP - Why in the world would you pay cash in the age of Paypal? I wouldn't dream of it.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually Julian sold his local pet shop "Bellingham Pet Supply" the year before and I am told he misrepresented the business to the buyer (and she didn't get his tax returns... what are people thinking?). Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened here.
@OP - Why in the world would you pay cash in the age of Paypal? I wouldn't dream of it.
Hind sight is always 20/20, and of course I regret having paid through their invoicing system, but I had met the master builder, Mike, at their booth at RAP Anaheim, and talked with him for an extended time planning this build. I also obtained quotes from 10 additional builders, and CRA was the one that I felt best with as they were very responsive, called me to discuss the build, and really seemed to be on the ball, and, this is very important, they are an R2R sponsor so I felt I could trust them. Of course I have now learned a crappy lesson, but I can only hope that Ed will do the right thing here.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hind sight is always 20/20, and of course I regret having paid through their invoicing system, but I had met the master builder, Mike, at their booth at RAP Anaheim, and talked with him for an extended time planning this build. I also obtained quotes from 10 additional builders, and CRA was the one that I felt best with as they were very responsive, called me to discuss the build, and really seemed to be on the ball, and, this is very important, they are an R2R sponsor so I felt I could trust them. Of course I have now learned a crappy lesson, but I can only hope that Ed will do the right thing here.
I hope for your sake and mine he does. I had a good feeling because of their background and speaking with Mike that everything would be good

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
llc under julian until 6/19. after that the business was never registered with the state. regardless, someone like this isn’t going to have any assets worth going after.

this is a civil matter, not criminal.

there are several elements to passing bad checks. these vary based on jurisdiction.

i don’t see any attorney touching this. if anything, file in small claims, get a default judgement and yay....... you win but you’ll get nothing in return.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
llc under julian until 6/19. after that the business was never registered with the state. regardless, someone like this isn’t going to have any assets worth going after.

this is a civil matter, not criminal.

there are several elements to passing bad checks. these vary based on jurisdiction.

i don’t see any attorney touching this. if anything, file in small claims, get a default judgement and yay....... you win but you’ll get nothing in return.
A judgment attaches to his house, so if he ever tried to sell or refi, he would have to pay the judgement first or at closing.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back