Please tell me this is not a asterina...

I’ve had no problems with them in some tanks, pest in others…
I have 4 reef tanks: one is infested, one has a few, two tanks have none…no clue why
…if it were me, I would relentlessly remove every last one I see for the foreseeable future,…better safe than sorry

does the OP mind if I respectfully ask approx age/experience ?
Sounds like the perfect scenario for a harlequin!
 
I’ve had no problems with them in some tanks, pest in others…
I have 4 reef tanks: one is infested, one has a few, two tanks have none…no clue why
…if it were me, I would relentlessly remove every last one I see for the foreseeable future,…better safe than sorry

does the OP mind if I respectfully ask approx age/experience ?
I’ve seen posts in my local reef club asking other hobbyists for some Asterinas to feed their harlequin. When I had my harlequin it was my favorite tank inhabitant they really look other worldly and have quite the personality. I’m just restricted for space with my 32 gallon unfortunately ):
 
I personally removed the one I had in my 13.5 pretty soon. I just don't want to risk it for any future corals as they can multiply quickly and it's a small space. I found one yesterday the same as your picture. Just took the guy out of the tank, he was sitting right on my return nozzle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new