Plerogyra simplex

  • Thread starter Thread starter MaxTremors
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2021
Messages
3,625
Reaction score
5,848
Location
Boise
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has ever seen this species for sale (Plerogyra simplex), it’s a branching bubble coral (like a branching hammer only bubble coral). The normal bubble corals we see are somewhat branching, but P. simplex has much smaller heads or polyps and forms a dome just like a hammer or Duncan does. Here’s a phot:

43533B16-EE22-4D99-B236-1F44EC605403.jpeg

So, have you ever seen this for sale or kept one?
 
These branching bubblegum coral have become rare over the years.
Last I saw any was from live aquaria and blue zoo aquatics
 
I have a frag with two heads I got a while back here in SWFL. Haven't seen it since for sale.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new