Pls help ID this coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltybox
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltybox

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
9
Location
Maldives
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers
Can you pls ID this coral. I’m thinking this belongs to mushroom family. I maybe wrong. I found this multiple mushroom like coral from 35m depth. This guy tends to move around a lot in the tank. Maybe it’s kind on anemone? BTW it give you a painful sting

71F827CE-0840-4F2D-B7DE-6180081EFCFF.jpeg
 
It‘s either a corallimorph or an anemone. Does it have a stony skeleton?

Also, you should probably not be taking things from the ocean and putting them in your tank. It could be illegal depending on what you take, and you might not know what you are taking.
 
Last edited:

Attachments

  • CDAC0CFC-230C-43E5-9675-C7B3EB336790.jpeg
    CDAC0CFC-230C-43E5-9675-C7B3EB336790.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 31E06717-B970-4E7D-B0C1-4EEA38C3940B.jpeg
    31E06717-B970-4E7D-B0C1-4EEA38C3940B.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 73

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new