Plumbing a new sump

Pscha4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am having a new sump plumbed for my existing 125 Gallon tank. I currently have an old wet/dry filter and am upgrading to a BashSea 48” Smart Series sump with Bashsea Skimmer, Media Filter, waste container for skimmer and 10 gallon ATO reservoir, the plumbing will be matched to the colors of the sump for aesthetics. In addition I am putting a second return on the tank through a bulkhead that is currently in place but not in use. I am also having an Apex system set up and programmed which includes the following:

Apex Contriller
Apex 2016 w/WIFI
Apex ATO
Apex Dual dosing
Apex Trident

Can anyone that has done this or something similar give me a ballpark on the cost? I have a quote on this and just want to confirm that it’s in the ballpark.

Thanks All

OP
OP
Pscha4

Pscha4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am having a new sump plumbed for my existing 125 Gallon tank. I currently have an old wet/dry filter and am upgrading to a BashSea 48” Smart Series sump with Bashsea Skimmer, Media Filter, waste container for skimmer and 10 gallon ATO reservoir, the plumbing will be matched to the colors of the sump for aesthetics. In addition I am putting a second return on the tank through a bulkhead that is currently in place but not in use. I am also having an Apex system set up and programmed which includes the following:

Apex Contriller
Apex 2016 w/WIFI
Apex ATO
Apex Dual dosing
Apex Trident

Can anyone that has done this or something similar give me a ballpark on the cost? I have a quote on this and just want to confirm that it’s in the ballpark.

Thanks All
As a follow-up, sump will be in the same room and within a few feet of the tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back