plumbing a tank -- recommendations in Fort Lauderdale?

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I'm about to order my tanks. And I need someone to put the pvc put in right. It will take me a really long time to do it right. Especially since I need it so I can disconnect the sump easily for when I need to move it out for various reasons. Any recommendations?
TIA

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I'm about to order my tanks. And I need the pvc put in right. It will take me a really long time to do it right. Especially since I need it so I can disconnect the sump easily for when I need to move it out for various reasons. Any recommendations?
TIA
Use the screw disconnects with shut off valves before them. You should be able to do what ever you want then.
That's what I thought... I see how my tank has them now. But I'm worried about doig it myself. As I'm moving my current tank into the new one. So all the life has to sit in temporary tanks while the new tank is being plummed. Onto same stand as I havfe now. So I need a quick change out done how I need/want. My tank (2) as I'm doing this 2x over, will be here in 3-4 months. So I have time to learn.
But Ideally I can pay someone to do it, since I'd be prbably losing work time if I'm doing the plumming myself.
Any ideas on who I can get?
TIA
I wasnt sure which forum to put this in. .. Maybe it should be in DYI? Or other forum?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wish easy removal, I'd suggest using unions and if you wish to have both valve turn off and the union, you want true union valves. It combines the valve with a union.

If you are not comfortable with plumbing, check with your LFS. A number of LFS's in NJ also do the tank installations and plumbing.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could help you but only here this week visiting relatives in clearwater, saint Petersburg. If you do it your self make sure to dry fit before you glue. And have everything you need. And the right size.other than that should be a breeze.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back