UV Set Up Advice

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Messages
66
Reaction score
19
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing is not my forte, but I have a Coralife Turbo Twist 12X (36 watt) that I need to run on my new IM Nuvo 170. I have an Echo Tech Vectra S2 that I'm not currently using. Could I use this Vectra to run just the UV? I was hoping to plumb it using just flexible tubing. Is this possible or is it best to hard plumb it?
Lastly, I'm fighting a small outbreak of dinos, so I'd like to run it to and from the display tank for a few weeks. Once the dinos are under control I'm planning on setting it up permanently in the sump.

What's the easiest and most dummy proof way that I can get this thing up and running?
Thanks in advance!
 
Yes you can do that. But best would be to have all the water returning to your tank pass through the UV if the flow is low enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new