Plumbing a Vectra L2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nobbygas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks for the note @Tangdora! I'm usng sch 40 pipe as well. This shouldn't change the OD though.

In the video you can see where the 1 1/2 clearly doesn't fit the suction side. Maybe they sent me the wrong fitting? The 50mm pipe fits on the suction side.
The video does not work for me. However perhaps you did somehow get an international fitting if they even make them or it’s just defective. I have a spare set of fitting for a repipe I’m about to do and the 1 1/2 fits with no issues.


https://store2.ecotechmarine.com/products/collar-coupling-kit-for-l2?gQT=2


IMG_1696.jpeg IMG_1698.jpeg
 
I plumb my suction with 1 1/2 and my discharge with 1 1/4 with no issues. What sch pipe size are you using. I used charlotte sch 40 from Lowe’s.
Same here. I have 5 L2’s on my system. Zero issues hard plumbing straight from the pump. Red is 1.5” grey is 1.25”.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0424.jpeg
    IMG_0424.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 37

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new