Plumbing and connections are so annoying!

KGNickl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've decided the thing with aquariums that can really get annoying is the hoses and connection. There are so much variance in ID (shouldn't be...) and OD of hoses. Then the clamps are either too big or too small often times. The hose barb fittings can be too big or too large on the outside. Its like order a bunch of stuff and hope it works. Likely 10%-20% will barely not fit perfect. I guess after a while you figure out the items that work but until then its so annoying. I usually have this issue when dealing with canister filters and pumps. End rant.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...and you learn the importance of using heat to soften the hose to help with a tight fit as well as the importance of not using metal hose clamps. :oops:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmn …. 3/4" ID vinyl hose fits on a 3/4" hose barb ….. likewise with 1". There ARE a lot of vinyl hose sizes certainly, but as long as you match ID with the corresponding barb it's pretty straightforward.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 104 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back