Plumbing dual corner overflow

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of another build. But rethinking my plumbing a bit. I have a couple fish I find in my overfliw. How does everyone handle i
This when it happens? Draining the overflow? Just leave the fish there or is your plumbing designed to drain the overflow? I'm torn with either modifying my plumbing with a t connector and a ball valve or just siphon most of the water out of the corner overflow like I have been. The siphoning is easier I think.

mrlavalamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish finding their way into your overflows? I just scoop out with a small net if I can. Siphon the level down if necessary to make them easier to catch.

Sounds like a real jumper, I would be looking into screen tops asap because only a matter of time until the fish misses the overflow and ends up on the floor.

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of another build. But rethinking my plumbing a bit. I have a couple fish I find in my overfliw. How does everyone handle i
This when it happens? Draining the overflow? Just leave the fish there or is your plumbing designed to drain the overflow? I'm torn with either modifying my plumbing with a t connector and a ball valve or just siphon most of the water out of the corner overflow like I have been. The siphoning is easier I think.
I pull the standpipe and have my other half holding a net under the drain above the sump. I finally took plastic mesh craft material and cut it to fit over the overflows to keep the out of the overflows however the tiny guys still get in by swimming through the opening the return comes out.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back