Plumbing dual overflow

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always tend to over think on plumbing to the sump and the return. I want to keep it as simple as possible. I'm thinking soft plumbing. My return pump is a jabeo DC pump. But once again I find myself over thinking the whole process. I don't want alot of pvc. Tubing is the easiest for me to deal with. Suggestions. The drain to sump should I run the lines into each other using a y fitting and into one hose or keep them separate? Then the return pump in thinking something like I have right now on my current tank. Pics to come.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1622596084419.png
1622596084419.png

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using soft plumbing in my tank and I am pleased with my results.

I would keep your two overflow lines separate and not merge them. I have only one overflow on my tank, but I have it running through a ball-union, so I can close the valve if I want to remove or work the sump. I would do the same if you have the space...you can then isolate the display from the sump when needed.

If I understand your pic, you have a single return with hard plumbing running to about the level of the skimmer collection cup. I would leave that in place and tie your soft plumbing in at that level. Again, keep a way to easily disconnect the return pump and close the valve on the return line to keep water in the display.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back