Plumbing for reactors

  • Thread starter Thread starter bjsreefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bjsreefer

Equal parts fish and child wrangler
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2025
Messages
789
Reaction score
581
Location
Florida, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Put this in my tank thread as well but hoping for some ideas from some experienced reef plumbers… I ran a y joint from my return line into a separate cabinet unit I built with the bottom cabinet meant for the reactors. I mounted them ran the pipe there, split it off again, and ran line into each reactor then the return line back into the sponge filter in the sump. However the hoses are a bit kinked and I’m concerned that it is limiting the flow and therefore effectivity of my media in the reactors. I don’t want to cut the hosing TOO short because I’m afraid it won’t connect with the barbs right and will leak everywhere. Any ideas?
20250813_105216_0E6276AB-987A-45AF-AEBD-F75188FDD973.png
 
Hose braid is made to prevent hose collapse and kinks.

It is stiff and can be difficult to work with going over hose barbs but it should provide less kinks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new