Plumbing question

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM INT 75 tank. I was wondering is there a union or threaded attachment that attaches to the bulk head that passes through the bottom of the tank? Or is my only option is to glue the PVC pip into the bottom of the bulk head? I'm just thinking that this would make it easier to disassemble the tank when I have to move.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put a ball valve or gate valve the. A union. That way you could cut the water off if needed.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If your bulkhead fitting is a slip fitting instead of a threaded fitting, your only option is to glue in a short piece of pvc.
But what I do is to lay it out with all needed unions, valves and pipe first.
I try and make that short piece of pvc a little longer so it could be cut in the future ( having to move the tank) and still have pipe to glue new fittings to.

On my 66 gallon tank, the drain is a straight drop into the sump so I didn't glue the pipe in. I wrapped a little silicone tape around the pvc pipe and forced it up into the bulkhead fitting.
If it were to fall out at some point all the water would do is drain straight down into the sump.

Back